If you are an Indian, chances are on the higher side that you have visited Shimla at least once in your life. In today’s time, most of the people feel that the queen of hills, Shimla has become extensively crowded and there is nothing new to explore. Well, every story has a different side to it and same is the case with Shimla even though it might appear to be immensely polluted and populated, it is one of those rare travel attractions where all the basic facilities are available easily.
Why Shimla is Still the Best Hill Station?
- The Mall Road in Shimla is home to an array of popular brands that you will rarely get to see on any other hill station in India from Canon to Domino’s Pizza, you name it and you will get it.
- The local transportation facilities are just amazing and can help you reach any tourist attraction or nearby town in a jiffy without burning a hole in your pocket.
- There are loads of options when it comes to finding an accommodation from budget hotels to luxury hotels to backpacking hostels, there is something for everyone.
- Its home to an assortment of popular eateries likes Cafe Simla Times, Sher-e-Punjab, Krishna Bakery, and Himachali Rasoi, etc.
- Reaching Shimla is also pretty inexpensive as there are direct trains to Kalka from New Delhi and various other cities of India. And from Kalka, tourists can hop on to a toy train to Shimla, for which the tickets start at a mere amount of ₹25.
How You Can Travel To Kufri, Fagu, Naldhera and Mashobra in ₹300?
Now coming to the point, you might be thinking how it is possible to travel to Kufri, Fagu, Naldhera and Mashobra in just 300 Indian rupees. Well, all thanks to Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation, you can take a local sightseeing tour in a deluxe bus to all these places and many more by paying a fairly reasonable amount of ₹300. After reading this, there might be a lot of questions popping up into your mind like is the bus comfortable enough? Will, the bus stop at all these tourist attractions for a good amount of time? Is it safe to go on this local sightseeing tour with your family? Well the answer to all these questions is a “Big Yes”. You can take the bus from Lakkar Bazaar Bus Stand in Shimla or just reach the HPTDC tourist information centre located on the mall road near scandal point and they will guide you from there.
The bus will stop at least for an hour at each one of these tourist attractions and will not leave you stranded even if you are late. The conductor of the bus makes sure everyone is on board and if someone is late they call the concerned person and wait at the meeting point. On the way back, you can get town at the desired point like the HPTDC lift on the Mall Road, Old Bus Stand, New Bus Stand and Shimla Railway Station depending on the place you are heading to next. HPTDC also offers a number of other local sightseeing tours around Shimla to tourist places like Chini Bunglow, Mashobra Apple Farms, Kiarighat, Matiana, and Tattapani. Taking into consideration the amazing response travellers have given to these day tours, Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation has also started similar local sightseeing tours for Manali. When in Manali, you can take a local sightseeing tour to Kothi, Rahla Fall, Marhi, Rohtang Pass, Naggar, Solang Valley, Kullu, Kasol, and Manikaran.
Do take a look at the complete list of Local Sightseeing Tours around Shimla and Manali Conducted by HPTDC Luxury Coaches to plan accordingly. Moreover, if you are thinking about booking a tour online right now then visit hptdc.in.
Lastly, if you are planning a trip to the land of lamas and high altitude mountain passes, Ladakh and are confused on which month is the best to travel to Leh Ladakh then read, Why Visit Ladakh in Winters Instead Of Summers? For more such informative travel blogs, stay connected and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.